Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Web Analytics Discussion Panel - Questions Wanted

Today I fired off a few presentation proposals for an internal tech conference coming up later this fall. I thought of several areas of deficiency at our organization that I thought would make for good presentations: Web Analytics for Developers and Quality Assurance Engineers, A/B Testing Strategies and Real World Examples, and Web Analytics - the What, Why, and How.

I also had the idea that a semi-formal panel discussion including a few key, experienced analytics individuals at our company would be fun and informative. I would moderate the panel and facilitate some open Q&A. I would also personally invite the panel members that I feel would bring personality, experience, and meaningful insight to the discussion. I would like to focus on questions relating to best practices, real world examples of application, and how analytics and feedback data have benefited the team and projects.

So, my question to you, the savvy analytics audience, what are some questions that would be a good fit to use in a web analytics panel discussion?

2 comments:

  1. How about:

    1) What can end users do in their analytics requests to make sure they get the information they need the first time?

    2) What is your favorite, actionable key performance indicator and why?

    3) What statistic do people depend on too much?

    4) What are some simple ways people can apply analytics reports to make their jobs better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dan. Great questions. I'm hoping that the panelists will answer with concrete examples of web sites that the audience will be familiar with.

    ReplyDelete